To strengthen the recovery community by providing educational opportunities and support services.
To unify the recovery community by using the spirit of collaboration as our guide.
- More collaborations with businesses, organizations and people that allow for low to no-cost services for people in and seeking recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction and their allies
- An expansion of programming in topic and location to reach out to the many diverse communities in Austin
- Programming and activities that will help build life skills and also expand an individual’s social network
- Parties, sports events, educational courses, and opportunities for outreach and advocacy
RecoveryATX is a Recovery Community Organization (RCO)
RecoveryATX is an independent, non-profit organization led and governed by representatives of a local community of recovery. We organize recovery-focused activities, carry out recovery-focused community education and outreach programs, and provide peer-based recovery support services. The broadly defined recovery community – people in long-term recovery, their families, friends, and allies, including recovery-focused addiction and recovery professionals – includes organizations whose members reflect religious, spiritual, and secular pathways of recovery. The sole mission of an RCO is to mobilize resources within and outside of the recovery community to increase the prevalence and quality of long-term recovery from alcohol and other drug addiction. Public education and peer-based recovery support services are the strategies through which this mission is achieved.
- Joseph Hogan-Sanchez
- Dave Horstmann
- Jenna Neasbitt
- Dean LeMire
- Raquel Quezada-Azua
- Michael Ware
- Samara Sansom
- Jaspreet Sidhu
- Alexandra Baer
- Chase Harvey
- Adam Holt
- Mikel Stapleton (In Spirit)